We are using the Mind’s Eye Theatre rules on Diablerie, with the modifications below:
- When you diablerise another character, regardless of whether it changes your Generation, you can immediately spend earned XP to purchase any Discipline or Skill possessed by the victim, so long as you are eligible to learn those Disciplines or Skills.
- If you successfully diablerise a Cainite of better Generation than you (i.e. it results in another dot of the Generation Background for your character, or it allows you to buy off the Lesser Generation Flaw), the Storytellers will award a significant quantity of additional XP (dependent on your current generation and whether you’ve committed diablerie before)
- You must spend this XP on your new Generation or buying off the Lesser Generation Flaw and then on buying Disciplines and/or Skills from your victim. You do not need to spend all of this XP in this way, but may only save 5XP gained in this way per diablerie.
- If committing diablerie results in a surplus of XP (for example, if XP you spent on Techniques is refunded due to a rise in Generation) you can also use this refunded XP to immediately purchase any Disciplines or Skills possessed by the victim.
- If committing diablerie results in you gaining the Lesser Generation Flaw (i.e. you are an 11th Generation character and successfully diablerise your way to 10th Generation, gaining a second dot of the Generation Background and the Lesser Generation Flaw) then you may spend the 1XP gained along with the XP above to immediately purchase any Disciplines or Skills possessed by the victim. If you already have the maximum number of Flaws allowed, you gain Lesser Generation but do not gain any XP for it.
- This effect can be used to purchase elder powers or Techniques, so long as your character is the correct Generation to possess them after performing the diablerie.
- If you are on either the Road of Humanity or the Road of Light, you automatically lose 1 Morality when committing diablerie – you cannot make a test to reduce this loss
- If you are on the Road of Blood, you automatically gain 2 Beast Traits when committing diablerie – you cannot make a test to mitigate this gain
- Otherwise, you gain 4 Beast Traits when committing diablerie, and may attempt a Degeneration Challenge as normal