The Anarch Revolt is built around small groups of weak-generation Cainites working together to defeat lone elders. Individually, the Anarchs would have no chance in either physical conflict or strategic planning; en masse, they have proven time and again the value of close cooperation. These groups are called Affinities, and are a key part of the Anarchs’ attempts to build a new way of unlife as well as win freedom from the elders. They are groups of like-minded vampires working towards some shared goals and aiding each other; they may be siblings, lovers, friends, or confidantes as well as comrades-in-arms.
Affinities are the building blocks of the Anarch Revolt: small groups of 3-6 Cainites, almost always closely bound by the Vaulderie – the ritual created by the Tzimisce that breaks Blood Bonds and replaces them with a mutual tie to multiple comrades. When the Revolt’s leaders are deciding who to send on a given mission to aid in taking a city from the Camarilla, they call on Affinities rather than individuals. Any Cainite who is not part of an Affinity is distrusted; they might very well still be Blood Bound to their sire, and could even be a Camarilla spy.
Each Affinity has a central theme that unites them, either ideological or geographical. Affinities do not form solely on the basis of Clan or Bloodline: that sort of thinking is frowned upon in a movement that eschews the elders’ authority. What does it matter to a Furore if they share a grandsire with someone? Much more important that they share a belief or a goal.
This is a game about community as much as individualism. While not essential, playing in an Affinity of 3-6 Cainites will improve both your experience and your chances of succeeding at your character’s goals.
Creating an Affinity
In order to create an Affinity, you should answer the following questions:
- Do you come from the same place or share the same Road or goal?
- If Domain, which one? (All members of a geographically-based Affinity must have the same home Domain)
- If you’re on the same Road, which? (a Road-based Affinity can include Cainites on Paths within that Road)
- If you are united by a shared goal or objective , what is it? (Please also give a couple of sentences of background to why this is your shared objective)
- What are your common beliefs?
- This includes your Roads and Paths
- This also includes your religious convictions, attitudes to Cainite legends (like the stories of Caine and Lilith, for example), attitudes to violence or negotiation and so on
- What act of rebellion or experience of oppression by the Elders have you shared?
- Where do you live?
- Who are your allies and enemies?
- Have any of you learned to perform the Vaulderie? (This is a 1pt Merit that anyone can learn)
- If not, you each have a Blood Bond to your sire, and your sires are all definitely alive
- Otherwise, you have no Blood Bonds but have a Vinculum rating of either 3 or 4 to each member of your Affinity – decide as a group whether you want it to be a 3 or a 4
- In this case, each character’s sire may be alive or dead – it’s your call
- Have you named your Affinity? What is it called?